The Cook County College Teachers Union shall present up to 14 $1,500 scholarship awards at its Annual Banquet. One student from each of the seven City Colleges of Chicago and one student from each of the seven suburban colleges will be eligible to receive a scholarship.
The awards are open to all current full-time students attending a community college represented by the Cook County College Teachers Union. All applicants must have previously completed at least 24 credit hours at the college with a grade point average of at least 3.0.
How to Apply:
- The application MUST be completed in full and signed by the applicant.
- The applicant MUST submit the following documents with the application:
- Official college transcript of courses taken and hours earned with college seal affixed.
- A photocopy of the course schedule for the current term.
- One letter of recommendation from a current college professor.
- Letters from school/community officials verifying participation in all school/community organizations.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED IN THE UNION OFFICE BY May 13, 2017
Send applications to:
Norman G. Swenson Scholarships
c/o Cook County College Teachers Union
208 W. Kinzie St.
Chicago, IL 60654
RECIPIENTS WILL BE EXPECTED TO ATTEND THE ANNUAL BANQUET TO RECEIVE THE SCHOLARSHIP.
Time and Place: TBA
Download a Norman G. Swenson Scholarship Application here.